Murals • Graphic Design • Photography • Fine Art • Art Camp • Art Education

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tie Dye Party goes on and on...

One day of tie dye was not enough for me. The 2nd Annual St. Muxworthy party was a huge success, but didn't give me enough time to actually tie dye, except for when I was demonstrating. So like I did the time before, I tie dyed items for about 2 weeks after the event... had to use up all that dye before it goes bad anyway, Right?!?!?

Camille dyeing a sun dress for herself.

I know this looks like I butchered an animal but it was merely an effort to create a vibrant sun dress/skirt. See next photo.


What started out looking like a bit of a rag doll turned out a lovely dyed little girl top.

 


 


To keep the colors from running too much, I individually wrapped the dyed areas with plastic wrap and secured them with a rubber band before placing the whole shirt in a bag.


Ahh, the classic rainbow swirl on a sleep cami

 

I revived a couple of old dingy white t-shirts for a co-worker using our school's spirit colors...a new life!


 



 
I folded this tank top in an accordion style and added a few ties. The colors varied slightly but I added a few dots of fuchsia for contrast. Some color got on the white, but I soaked the white areas in diluted bleach to brighten it up.






My mom and daughter doing so more tie dye after the party with my step-dad looking on.

More tie dye to come - I have about 12 pieces I am about to rinse out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment